Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Pros and Cons of Breathing

Bury me standing under your window with the cinder block in handYeah cause no one will ever feel like this againAnd if I could move I'm sure it would only be to crawl back to youI must have dragged my guts a block... they were gone by the time we {talked}...[Chorus: x2]Whoa, I want to hate you half as much as I hate myself{But} you know that I could crush you with my voiceStood on my roof and tried to see you forgetting about meHide the details I don't want to know a thingI hate the way you say my name like it's something secretMy pen is the barrel of the gun. Remind me which side you should be on[Chorus x2]Stood on my roof and tried to see you forgetting about meHide the details I don't want to know a thingI wish that I was as invisible as you make me feel [x2](Whoa, I want to hate you half as much as I hate my) [x2] (1..2..3..4..)[Chorus x2]

In the Fall Out Boy song "The Pros and Cons of Breathing", Fall Out Boy uses a simile in an effective way. The simile is "I hate the way you say my name like it's something secret." The singer compares the tone in which someone says his name to the same tone which someone tells a secret. This shows the person is cautious of saying the singer's name for some reason. One must assume the person says it secretly because they don't want people to know of the singer and gives the listener a since of a scandolous relationship going on. Fall Out Boy's use of this simile helps explain the message of the song better.

No comments:

Post a Comment