Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Longview

Sit around and watch the tube,but nothing's onChange the channels for an hour or twoTwiddle my thumbs just for a bitI'm sick of all the same old shitIn a house with unlocked doorsAnd I'm fucking lazyBite my lip and close my eyesTake me away to paradiseI'm so damn bored I'm going BLIND!!!And I smell like shitPeel me off this velcro seat and get me movingI sure as hell can't do it by myselfI'm feeling like a DOG IN HEATBarred indoors from the summer streetI locked the door to MY OWN CELLAnd I lost the keyBite my lip and close my eyesTake me away to paradiseI'm so damn bored I'm going BLIND!!!And I smell like shitI GOT NO MOTIVATIONWHERE IS MY MOTIVATIONNO TIME FOR THE MOTIVATIONSMOKING MY INSPIRATIONSit around and watch the phone,but no one's callingCall me pathetic,call me WHAT YOU WILLMy mother says to get a jobBut she don't like the one SHE'S gotWhen masturbation's lost its funYou're fucking lazyBite my lip and close my eyesTake me away to paradiseI'm so damn BOREDI'm going blindAnd loneliness has to sufficeBite my lip and close my eyesI was slipping away to paradiseSome say,"Quit or I'll go BLIND."But it's just a myth

Green Day uses a simile in their song "Longview", which is a song that the singer sings about being bored and kept from doing the things he likes. The simile is "I'm feeling like a dog in heat." The singer is comparing himself to a dog in heat. When a dog is heated he seems to be disoriented and can't find a way to deal with the heat. This shows he is trapped in a bad state with no way to get out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment